January 14, 2019

Weekending it

Two things from this weekend. I'm grateful for Dan and I'm grateful for his generosity.

For Christmas, Mandy gifted me a sleepover at her place in New Jersey and day spent with just her. Dan was totally on-board and willing to take solo-parenting duties for the night/day. I headed to NJ with Mandy after getting home from work on Friday. We chatted non-stop and it was just the best. Dan had some guy friends over for pizza and poker, so he had some fun too.

Mandy and I got to sleep-in a bit on Saturday and then we zipped around NJ doing shopping sans baby. We browsed Barnes and Noble, found chairs to read in peace, got Chick-fil-a THREE times. Ok, so it's not like we had fries and nuggets every time...we only got drinks one time. But it was so much fun to just hang out with her and not worry about nap times or diaper changes or loading and unloading the car seat. We hit up Target and she even drove me home on Saturday afternoon. It was just a really nice and simple getaway treat and Dan was so sweet to let me indulge. Thanks Buddy!

And he had fun with Kippy while I was away.


Saturday night, Dan's football team was playing and he got invited over to the next door neighbor's apartment to hang out and watch with them. See? So he had got alone/friend hangout time too!

Sunday we had a long day at church since Dan was serving and we get there extra early on those days. I followed Kip around while he touched literally every surface in this school and did not nap. One of the other little boys (he is six) was super interested in hanging out with Kip. He wanted to carry him everywhere, which Kip did not enjoy.









But also, look at him! Ugh, seeing him in this little classroom was a like a flash forward to a couple of years from now when he starts school Noooooooo!!!

Today is my Kippy day and I'm crossing my fingers for a bit of productivity as well.

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment