November 7, 2016

Weekending it

We had a very relaxing casual weekend.

Friday was a rough day for both of us as work so we took a coupon, walked a mile, and treated ourselves to a newish burger joint in the neighborhood. We finished the night with Dateline, my fave.


Saturday we slept-in and then went on a long walk around the neighborhood collecting data for a blog series I want to do in the new year. It was a really lovely fall day.






We planned on being productive the rest of the afternoon but ended up watching a ton of tv and being completely lazy like we used to during our dating days when we had little worries and could just veg out for hours. I really enjoyed it. Later I swapped out the Halloween decor for some Turkey highlights.


On Sunday morning we went outside and watched the NYC Marathon right in front of our apartment. I think we stood out there for over an hour. Although I've lived here for seven years I've never seen the elite runners or the first wave come down the street. I'd only ever seen the middle pack. Super cool to watch but definitely not something I desire to ever attempt. I used to run and now my knees burn just watching it. No thank you. But yay for the people who can!

First we saw the handcycle racers. Incredibly impressive. 



Then elite women:


Elite men:


Everyone else:




SO many people


The rest of the day we did meal planning, grocery shopping, a trip to Target, and cleaned the entire apartment. Highly productive. We ended the weekend with tacos and Scrabble.


Did anyone else see the report about Zika on 60 Minutes last night? Terrifying. It's like the worst time to try to get pregnant with that virus basically running unchecked and no vaccine available until 2018. If we happen to get pregnant this year I will wear head to toe clothing for 9 months. No lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment