November 2, 2016

Apartment Tour: Kitchen

I planned on doing the bedroom tours this week but I don't have semi-blog worthy photos yet. So, today it's the kitchen. Also, the pictures in this post are pretty terrible. They were taken on a variety of days so things move positions and photo quality varies too. Sorry.

This kitchen is tiny compared to our old kitchen but its perks include a brand new microwave mounted above the stove and a working dishwasher! So size is easily overlooked.


It's a tight space so it's hard to tell where things are. The image above is if you are standing in the entryway looking into the kitchen. A pantry cabinet is immediately on the right. See below.


Next to the cabinet is the high-top table that I have had with me since I moved to Brooklyn. I brought it from Denver and Mandy and I used to do homework at it in high school. I have strong sentimental ties to it and I couldn't leave it behind in this move. We don't really use it much except for added counter space.


We got this cute rug at TJMaxx and it perfectly matched the teal color of the table legs and stools.


Directly across from the table on the opposite wall, Dan hung two IKEA shelves. Home for the cookbooks, foxy lady, and small appliances we don't use regularly. The blank spot on the lower shelf is where the coffee pot normally lives. I was using it when I took these pictures. Beneath the shelves are the trash can and recycling bins. NYC is big into recycling and our building is really strict on this. You'll get in trouble if they find you throwing away recyclables.


The fridge is really cluttered in this picture. I use the top of the fridge for extra storage, mostly lunch essentials like bread, chips, and candy...nutritious.


There is a small sliver of counter space next to the stove. In my studio apartment a small sliver like that was the only counter space I had so this little spot makes me nostalgic for 2C.
 

Opposite of the stove is the sink area


I rely on the tops of cabinets for storage space. Home to the crockpots and other things that don't fit in the cabinets.

We lost a lot of normal cabinet space in the move so we got rid of a lot of stuff and then we purchased the bookcase with door from IKEA and made it into a little pantry. I'll show you the inside since I always like snooping in cabinets and closets. It even fits the Kitchenaid!


 Here are the insides of the other cabinets



I could be using that cabinet a little more efficiently ^^

And that's it for the kitchen.

It's small but when you're used to small spaces, you figure out how to make it work. My parents and sisters are coming to stay with us for Thanksgiving so we'll see how this kitchen handles a major meal like turkey day.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for thanksgiving with you! I read an article that said in small kitchens a turkey breast is better to cook than a whole turkey. Maybe we can convince Mom and dad?

    ReplyDelete