November 11, 2016

Peeks from the Week

What a weird week, right? NYC is a very anxious place following the election. You can feel it.

And that's all I'll say about politics here.

We didn't do much this week or accomplish much.

I got to bring in some pies to work on Tuesday to help promote my friend's new pie business. You can check out her website here and if you are local, order some pie for the upcoming holidays! They are SO good.


We had the cranberry apple strudel which was vegan but did NOT taste vegan at all (it was amazing) and a classic caramel apple pie. Super yum. I already ordered a turtle pie and pumpkin pie from her for Thanksgiving.

I love love love this time of year in the city when everyone starts putting up decorations and lights.


That picture is of Zuccotti Park (remember that was place where all the Occupy Wall Street protesters were living in 2011)? Isn't it pretty? Also, we still have tons of trees that aren't shedding leaves yet.

I had to give a presentation at work during a big meeting this week, like over 60. It was just a quick 5 minutes but still very nerve wrecking for me. The presentation went well. If you care to see the project I've been working on all year (actually working towards it for years), it's a website. Here.

Now, I must say, I am always so sad when daylight savings time ends. Just look at the difference.


The picture on the left was taken a little before 6:00 pm last Friday. And the picture on the right is what it looked like on Monday at 6:00 pm. I'm not a fan of the sun setting at 4:45 pm and I truly hate getting home from work and it feels like midnight.

Also this week, we had eye problems. I had a sty in my eye for two days which was super painful and then Dan got pink eye...we have no idea where he picked that up. I'm really hoping I dodge the pink eye since I have my annual plans to visit my good friend in Connecticut this weekend.

And Happy Veterans Days. A huge thank you to those of you out there who have and those who continue to serve this country and keep us safe. Thank you. If you got today off from work, enjoy. As for the rest of us, at least it's Friday and not Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment