November 18, 2016

Peeks from the Week

I am so glad it's Friday. Although there is still a full day of work ahead I am just grateful I don't have to come to work tomorrow. Next week I have Wednesday-Friday off for Thanksgiving so that is my saving grace.

This week marked our three-year engagement anniversary!! To celebrate, Dan and I met-up after work to go ice skating at Bryant Park and walk around the Winter Village. Ice skating on this anniversary has become a tradition since Dan's original proposal plan was to take me skating and then come back to my apartment to propose. I foiled his plan and we never went skating. Read that story here. Looking back, I feel bad I accidentally ruined his plan but it was still such a sweet experience and a good memory regardless.


NYC during this time of year is SO festive. Nearly all the buildings have lights or outside decorations and there are little pop-up shops all over the place selling unique gifts and yummy treats.




The Winter Village in Bryant Park is the best. They have the tree up but not lit yet.


We love to go ice skating at Bryant Park and if you have your own ice skates, it's free! Can't beat that. Free date night!!


This year the rink was set-up a little differently and there was NO LINE. This has never, ever happened. We have always waited in line, sometimes for more than an hour. But last night we got right in. We only paid $10 to purchase an additional combination lock for the lockers (which we can reuse). Added bonus, the rink was only moderately crowded and it was warm outside!


We skated around once and I thought I heard someone shouting my name, when we came back around we saw our little friends K and E on the side watching the skaters! It was really fun to see them randomly. I'm always so surprised when we have "it's a small world" moments in the big city.

We skated for about 30 minutes and then they had to do the Zamboni thing. So mesmerizing to watch and it's worth the wait because skating on smooth ice is bliss.



We skated more until the ice got choppy again (only like 15 minutes since the rink was getting crowded and there were a bunch of hooligans intentionally digging into the ice with their skates). As I was taking off my skates, the blade on my left skate came off! Like, broke. So sad, but I bought the skates like 5 years ago for $30 on Amazon. They paid for themselves in two trips to the rink so they lived a good life. A new pair of skates are in order - maybe from Santa? 

We walked around the Winter Village and got a bag of candy to share from a really festive little candy cafe.




It was a fun night and a good mood reset for the grouchy party (me).

Another anniversary this week is our blog-iversary. Three years ago we started this little blog and I'm so grateful it has so many memories trapped inside.

Happy weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks SO festive and happy. I love skating but it's been way too long since I've hit the ice. Hopefully this winter I'll get a chance to dig out my skates.

    ReplyDelete