April 25, 2016

Weekending it

This weekend we didn't have any commitments or plans so we were able to get some things accomplished and still have time to relax.  When I got home from work on Friday night Dan had set-up the dining room table all romantic.


We were just having our typical Friday night pizza but he made it sweet with candles and wine glasses (we never use these wine glasses).  We spent the rest of the night watching episodes of The Walking Dead.  We are hooked on the show and yet I am still terrified of it.  I've had a long fear of being the only one left of my family still alive in a post apocalyptic type of situation so the premise of the show makes me uncomfortable.  And yet we keep watching it... 

Saturday morning we slept-in and lounged in bed with donuts before getting around and heading over to the quasi-mall in our area.  Dan got fitted for a tux for his brother's wedding in October while I spent a penny at Bath and Body Works.  That place gets me every time.  We browsed around Target for a bit and then I took Dan to try Vietnamese sandwiches for lunch.  I used to get them frequently when my friend lived in Park Slope.  Since it was a nice day we walked over to the restaurant and had a nice lunch date.

On Sunday we were able to get home early from church and do laundry and start sorting and packing things in the spare bedroom.  We emptied the bookshelf and peeled all the sticker decals off the wall which was actually quite easy.  Since we were productive rather than lazy (our typical Sunday vibe) we walked to get some frozen yogurt and got some new sneakers for Dan.  We also browsed around for a couch.  We are in the market for a real couch for the new apartment.  Neither of us have ever owned a couch - just futons posing as couches.   This is the one we liked, minus all the pillows. 


Have any of you seen Little Big Shots?  We've caught a few episodes and it is SO cute.  It's on Sunday nights on NBC.  Steve Harvey is so great with all the kids and makes it really funny and sweet.  Watch it!

This week looks to be pretty uneventful which I am grateful for.  It's Spring Break for the public schools (I know, super late right?) and so the Subways are pretty empty in the morning which is a nice treat. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that couch! The color is gorgeous and it looks so comfy! I've seen a couple episodes of Little Big Shots. Steve Harvey does do a good job. I bet having a pretty empty Subway is akin to us not having to be behind School busses in the morning and afternoon down here in the south during spring break! Enjoy the empty subways!

    ReplyDelete