April 18, 2016

Weekending It

Phew.  We survived the weekend and that's not just a figure of speech.  I'll share about our upstate hike experience tomorrow because it was a whole big thing.  For now, the rest of the weekend.

On Friday night Dan and I had the youth group video game night at the church office.  We haven't done one of these in years and we have a group of teens that have never experienced one before.  It's a small office, so we improvise with bed sheets.




It was a great turnout.  Our other youth leader, Lindsey, made these amazing Nintendo controller rice krispie treats.  Aren't they amazing?!  She is awesome. 



Saturday morning we woke up extra early and headed into the city to take a train upstate for a day hike.  Come back tomorrow to hear about that.  Since I'm posting this you know we survived. Barely.

Sunday we didn't get back home from church stuff until after 3:30 but we somehow managed to squeeze in some spring shopping, got 11 loads of laundry done...yes, 11, and I got hot dinner on the table thanks to those freezer meatballs we made last month.  We also started watching "The Walking Dead."  It's terrifying.  Absolute horror.

Today I got my five years of service lapel pin at work.  I was way more excited than necessary.  I can't believe I've been working here for five years.  Feels like way longer and yet way shorter at the same time.


We head over to Philly tomorrow afternoon for a quick trip to celebrate and support my friend defending her dissertation on Wednesday.

Happy late afternoon Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment