March 3, 2016

Winter Bucket List recap

Well it's supposed to snow tonight but temperatures will be in the 60s next week so bits of spring are on the horizon.  Today I'm recapping our Winter Bucket List.  I shared the list back here and we gave ourselves until March 1st to complete our winter themed adventures.


1) Painted Pot.  We visited the paint your own pottery studio over New Years weekend.  I'm not sure I ever showed the final products (I'll post it tomorrow).  Dan painted the bud vase and I painted the mug


2) Dyker Christmas Lights. Check!  See that here.

3) 1,000 piece puzzle.  This was strategic, I put this on the list because I knew Dan was getting a puzzle for Christmas.  We spent an entire day over New Years weekend puzzling.


4) Go ice skating at least twice.  We went on New Years Day and just a couple of weekends ago with the youth group back here.


5) Try two new restaurants.  I checked this off but it took me awhile to remember where we went.  We had Italian for our "office" Christmas party and then tried a great Mexican plan on New Years day.

6) Visit a museum (new to us). Fail.  We didn't get this box checked. Boo.

7) Overnight get away.  We checked that one off last weekend.

8) Movie Theater Date.  We hit a bunch of items off our list on New Year's Day, including seeing Star Wars in the theater.  See that epic weekend here.

9) Decorate Christmas Cookies.  We enjoyed doing this (back here) with my sissys in Chicago over Christmas


10)  Go to OR host a New Year's Eve party.  We attended my friend's party at her parent's house.


11) Cook three brand new recipes.  Thanks to the Pioneer Woman cookbook my mom got me for Christmas I checked this box off super quick.  New recipes we've made and loved include her Mediterranean orzo salad, baked ziti, and tomato soup.  Plus more!


12) Schedule to attend an event.  This one flew in under the radar last minute.  We bought tickets to see Blue Man Group later this month.

1 comment:

  1. You guys definitely made the most of the winter! I love the idea of a winter bucket list. The paint your own pot thang came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete