March 24, 2016

Spring Bucket List

Well, Spring started on Sunday!  The weather has been pretty waffle-y lately but soon the sunnies will be here to stay so I'm rolling out our Spring Bucket list.


Easy read version:
- Bike rides (at least two).  Self explanatory.
- Make homemade bread.  I've always wanted to try making bread and Aunt Judy posted a recipe on Facebook a couple of weeks ago so I want to try that.
- Mini trip to Washington DC.  Last year we took a spring trip to Philadelphia and had the best time.  Dan has never been to DC and I haven't been in a long time so we'll be planning a quick trip.
- Go on a picnic.  Maybe we'll pair this with the bike rides.
- Try two new restaurants.  This is a standard bucket list item.
- Visit the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.  We did this way back when we were first dating.  Time for a return.  Throwback:


- Rollerskating!  Guys, I have had a craving to go old school rollerskating but those neat roller rinks of the 80s and 90s just don't exist in the city.  But I'm on a mission.
- Sign-up for a class.  I am taking a two hour French Macaroon class with a friend in April.  Depending on how it goes, I want to find a one-time class of some kind for Dan and me to attend.

Dan is on Sabbatical from church from May through June so we will have a lot of extra free time and hopefully make some use of it for adventuring.  

2 comments:

  1. That macaroon class sounds so fun!
    Trying two new restaurants is such a great bucket list item! And you live in such a spectacular place to do that! You probably never run out of restaurant options.
    What a fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the macaroon class...those cookies are really tricky

    ReplyDelete