August 14, 2015

Peeks from the Week

Oh I love Fridays and busy summer nights that make for fast work weeks.

Tuesday morning I got up early and met Rebekah for coffee and breakfast.  It was raining so hard in the morning and our first choice place to meet wasn't open yet but we still enjoyed chatting and enjoying coffee and donuts at Dunkin.  I didn't get any pictures, bummer, but I really had a nice time getting together with her before work.  I am excited for this new friendship.

Tuesday night Dan and I met at our semi-local half mall which has a Golden Arches and a first generation Target.  We enjoyed nuggets and fries before going to Best Buy to get a new family laptop.  Dan has had a super old Macbook (the old white one) and it finally died.  He made his home Macbook pro into his "new" work laptop.  I am a PC person but since being out of school for over four years and mainly using my phone, I find that I hardly turn my laptop on.  When I do turn my laptop on it takes forever to boot-up. The other day when I got on the internet I got a message that popped-up and said "It took your browser 600 seconds to load. That's 100 times slower than it should be.  Consider upgrading your system."  Well, fine then.

So we got a new Macbook Pro.  It's for us to share and it was a big investment in my computer skills.

On Wednesday night we headed to CitiField to watch the New York Mets play the Colorado Rockies.  Our friends picked us up and drove to the stadium and we met another couple of friends there.  We were only one couple short of a Couples Club meet-up.  It was a perfect evening with food, friends, and mild entertainment (sports aren't super entertaining to me).




My favorite part about attending sports games live is not the actual sport watching, blah.  I really love the stadium environment, people watching, food and fan camaraderie.  There was a wave that went around the whole stadium three time which, to me, was just an incredible show of unity.  Gave me a kumbaya feeling.  The Mets won but it wasn't a super exciting game.


Last night Dan set-up the new laptop while I finished coloring the signs for the church rummage/bake sale on Saturday.


I also went through the apartment "shopping" for things to donate to the sale.  I got quite a haul together.


I made birthday cake too!  We didn't have cake last week on my birthday so I made it last night.  Yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my favorite but since Dan hates chocolate I made two cakes.  One for me and one for him.  Yum!


And my favorite from the week is my birthday presents from Terri Mom and Allen Dad arrived.  I got lots of gift cards for shopping AND my favorite is the handmade sewing machine cover that Terri Mom made.  It is SO cute and I can finally get rid of the ratty hand towel I was using to keep my machine dust free.  I love that is is reversible too.  Thanks Terri Mom!!!


Hope you enjoyed these Peeks and have a happy Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. Love you bunches. Terri Mom

    ReplyDelete