May 11, 2015

Weekending it

Ahh, Monday.  Boo.

We hope everyone enjoyed a nice Mother's Day weekend.  We had lovely summer muggy weather yesterday and I was nice change even if it meant uncomfortable sleeping conditions.


Dan and I didn't have a lot of plans this weekend so we worked through a to-do list that included two-weeks worth of laundry.  Dan also replaced the shower head which made me happy because the other one was so gross.


We made smoothies, I had quality time with a friend, and we took cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney out for Indian food in celebration of their birthday.

On Sunday, at church, all the little kids were supposed to hand out carnation flowers to all the ladies in the service (not just the moms).  The twin pip squeaks in my pre-k class were not happy about giving away the flowers.  One of them came up to me, handed me the flower, and said "I do not want to give you my flower."  I let her keep it. 

You guys, I need to figure out how to control my pre-k/kinder class.  They are wild. 


Sunday afternoon I did meal planning and we went grocery shopping.  Then we called the moms.  Shout-out to these lovely ladies:  Terri Mom and my Momma.  We love you both *hugs*


I made steak for the first time EVER on Sunday night.  I truly tired my hardest to cook it to medium.  It was pretty well-done.  Sorry, I tried.  I probably won't cook it that often.  One, it was expensive.  Two, I didn't cook it right.  Three, the entire apartment still smells like steak this morning.


And one last thing...I love this wax warmer that Cheryl and Jeff brought me.  It is cute soft light and makes the apartment smell beautiful without the risk of open flames or the cost of an outlet plug-in.   It's my new favorite thing. 


Well, happy Monday.  Here's to hoping the week goes quick. 

3 comments:

  1. The steak looks good! i can never seem to get steak right and you are right, it is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The steak looks good! i can never seem to get steak right and you are right, it is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kasey. Thanks for your comment. You know, for the expense of the steak I'd rather pay for one cooked right at a restaurant. Live and learn.

      Delete