May 18, 2015

Weekending it

Man did we get lucky with weather this weekend.  Today is cool and completely overcast including fog.  This weekend was the complete opposite and I am grateful for that.

Some weekends Dan and I do a lot and other weekends we accomplish a lot.  This weekend was a "do" weekend. 

Friday night Dan took some of the teenage boys to a Mets game.  Since I would have been the only lady in attendance, I opted out.


I went to Target instead which is always a risk on a solo trip.  I had to get a lot of supplies for the Children's Ministry and to restock our household needs.  I ended up having to buy another granny cart because I wasn't going to be able to carry it all.  Fortunately, I looked like a damsel in distress when I got to Bay Ridge and a nice man helped me carry the cart up the two flights of stairs from the Subway platform.  Chivalry is not dead people!  Even in New York.


We had to wake-up early on Saturday so we got some donut motivation to get us going.  We met-up with two of my friends from grad school (they also live in Bay Ridge) and took the subway into the city to participate in the Lung Force walk.  We were walking in memory of a former friend and colleague who recently passed away from a lung related cancer.  We wore purple for NYU which is where we all met and where we got to know our archivist mentor who passed.  Dan and I were walking for her as well as other family and friends with lung related diseases. 






It was a beautiful day, albeit a little crowded, as we walked part way over the Brooklyn bridge and back.  We had fun and our team raised over $1,200.


When Dan and I got home we took a quick cat nap and then I met a friend to window shop and catch-up.  Dan is having a tough allergy season so he stayed inside and rested.

For dinner I made my favorite summertime flavor combination (aside from bbq).  I picked-up fresh french bread, basil, mozzarella, and sliced up some tomatoes.  I seasoned with salt and pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.  Yum.


After dinner Dan and I organized some new bins and supplies for church and got caught in the rain.  We ended the evening watching "Undercover Boss" on Netflix.

Sunday was wild as usual.  I got to church early to sort and organize all of the bins and replaced all of the old ones with brand new clean ones.  I love me some organizing.   Dan did a baby dedication (so bummed I didn't get to see it or take a pic).  He took over the elementary class and I had a nice week off from the pre-k/K class and got to hear the sermon.

By the time we got to tearing down the equipment it was scorching hot and humid outside.  Fortunately we got some cloud cover so Dan and I enjoyed our first picnic of the season at Prospect Park.  You guys, we had crazy awesome subway luck.  We took four trains yesterday and we never waited more than three minutes for any of them.  That is UNHEARD OF, especially for a Sunday.  Sweet serendipity.   


Sunnies and a kiss bomb!


We did some people watching in the park and then headed to the nearby theater to see Pitch Perfect II.  It was great.  Dan and I used a gift card we got from Will and Rebekah so the movie was free!!  Thanks you guys!!! We shared popcorn and Hi-C and had some good laughs.  Fat Amy is my favorite.  I'm not sure if I would say it was better than the first one but it was good.   My favorite song is "Lollipop" sung by the Treblemakers.  Go check it out.

Since it was a "do" weekend I effectively accomplished nothing.  We didn't do laundry, I didn't meal plan or go grocery shopping.  But it's a three day work week for me so I am PUMPED!!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment