February 9, 2015

Weekending it

This weekend was not very thrilling.

Dan was in Kansas Thursday-Saturday so it was a little lonely but luckily Dan's cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney were around for company.  Dan and I sent each other good night pics on Friday.


I spent all day on Saturday helping a friend from church pack some things for their move.  She has three littles (5, 2, and 1 month old) so she needed some extra hands.  I love to pack things - it's in my genes and getting to snuggle the little baby was an added bonus.


The best part was at the end of the day when the five-year old told me "I like you Ms. Stephanie, you're handsome."  Let me tell you - that made my day.  What a cutie.


That night I made Momma's homemade mac&cheese for Dan's homecoming and he brought me back some red fabric to make a Valentine's garland.  He also got a cute little decor sign which I'll have to snap a picture of and share later.  What a thoughtful Buddy.

Sunday was church followed by total laziness.  I did, however, whip together the DIY garland with my new fabric. 



This week is bringing more snow and cold.  People, the sidewalks are covered in dirty ice/snow mounds that can't melt and trash just gets piled on top.  I hate soggy garbage. Help us spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment