February 24, 2015

Last bits of the weekend

This past weekend was quite busy and fun.  We stayed at a hotel for a mini retreat and then indulged our inner child at the circus.

Sunday, in a word: exhausting.


After church I went to the store and spent the rest of the day in the kitchen.  I was bringing over two meals to a church family that just had a baby and moved apartments.  Since I was already in the kitchen I just decided to go all out.

I made dinner for us which was a yummy crock-pot soup with sausage, potatoes, and kale.  Recipe here.


I also made a lasagna for the family to freeze for later, brownies to eat now, and cornbread muffins and chili for them to eat that night. 





After Dan and I delivered it we had our supper while an epic crumb cake was in the oven. 


Sunday was a whole lot of dishes and delicious and Dan was super helpful while simultaneously doing laundry while I cooked.  We were both wiped by the end of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment