February 16, 2015

Weekending it - Valentine's style

We enjoyed our Valentine's weekend.

On Friday Dan took the day to help a family at church move.  He worked so hard from 9 am to 7 pm and so Dan, Kourtney, and I went out for burgers and brought back tater tots for Kaleigh.

Saturday was super special.  Dan and I woke up and exchanged love gifts.  I got him a pair of hockey skates so we can go ice skating whenever we want - for free!!!  He got me (us) a nights stay in a hotel in downtown Brooklyn for this coming Friday and tickets to the Ringling Bros. circus next Saturday.  Squee!! Mini stay-cation.  Woohoo!


After our gift exchange we made bacon and waffles and enjoyed a quiet breakfast together.  We tired to make the waffles heart shaped but opted to just eat them as-is because that was the goal and it was yum.


That afternoon we went to a small theater and saw Imitation Game.  SO GOOD.  I love me some WWII history and we both loved it on many levels.  Also the theater had reclining leather seats which was awesome.


That night we made lasagna and watched Fools Rush In and Along Came Polly. Shout out to Mandy for letting us use her Netflix!  We had a yummy raspberry tart for the holiday.  


Sunday was a treat at church because I got to be in the service with Dan and after church we went to Chipotle and The Gap.  Dan got me a cute new dress and sweater.  


Sunday was the start of the deep freeze with brutal temperatures and horrific wind chill.  So we stayed inside, made turkey pot pie, and got hooked on a mini series called "The Men Who Made America."  Some more history for us buffs.

Today, Monday - President's Day, I had off from work but helped out a friend unpack their new house a bit and then helped her take the kids to NJ to meet up with her dad.  We enjoyed IHOP for lunch and then returned back to Brooklyn.


With the rest of my day I popped a warm dinner into the crock-pot and tossed a load of laundry into the washer.

It is far too cold for dance class tonight so I'll snuggle with my Buddy and maybe we'll play some board games with Kaleigh and Kourtney?

No comments:

Post a Comment