February 5, 2015

Every Girl Link-up: Valentine Decorating Details

Dan and I are not very "in" to Valentine's Day.  In fact, last week Dan asked me: "what date is Valentine's this year?"  Yes, he honestly asked that and yes, he honestly hadn't realized that Valentine's is always on February 14th.  All I can say is: boys.  So clearly we always plan some sort of terribly romantic and magical evening on the day of love.  Not.  This is what we did last year on V-day.

For me, Valentine's Day is all commercial and pricey.  But I do like to spruce up some of our decor for the month and add a bit of color to the doldrums of winter.  So I'm linking-up with Astleigh and Rachel to share Valentine touches.

I have been searching for a cute valentine themed table runner and I usually always strike gold at TJMaxx for table runners of all kinds.  I've been checking our scrappy local TJ since after Christmas and got nothing.  I finally settled on a plain red runner that I got at Century 21.  It was sort of bland so I embroidered some hearts in a variety of pinks and reds.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



I also added some hearts to the gallery wall with some easy to remove painters tape and updated our tiny chalkboards with seasonal touches. 




During our snow day last week I strung together some more hearts and added some pink bakers string pom poms and strung it between the windows in the living room.  Super easy. 


I was thinking about making another quarter flat fabric garland for the TV stand in pink and red but alas I didn't have any red fabric and I don't have the luxury of popping over to Joann's.  So, maybe next year. 

And last but not least I swapped out my season changing wreath for the February felties.  I love this wreath so much because of all the cute add-ons that Mandy made for it to look new and relevant every month.   


Wouldn't you love a season changing wreath?? Look at all the cuteness! And sooo unique.  The cool part is all the attachments are moveable so you can arrange them however you'd like. 



My super cute and talented twin sister, Mandy, has an etsy shop with a few of her creations for sale - it's called Hopscotch and Honey.  Pretty much everything cute in our apartment was either made by her or purchased by her for us.  She has a eye for design and can do wonders.  Unfortunately her only sales have been by me (cuz I'm her biggest fan) and etsy is sort of saturated.  She said unless she gets other sales she will close the shop!  I want so desperately for her talents to be enjoyed so check out what she has and spread the word.  She will gladly customize something to fit exactly what you want.  Have a look: Hopscotch and Honey.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for checking out my blog.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks beautiful!
    I love that you embroidered pink hearts on the runner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!!! I've been following your blog for awhile now and getting a comment from you was like having a celebrity wave at you! Squee! Thanks - you're so sweet.

      Delete
  3. Such cute decor! The table runner looks awesome! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete