February 2, 2015

Weekending it

Friday was our 5 month married anniversary so we decided to celebrate with Chipotle and ice skating!  We've been meaning to go ice skating for over a month but every day we planned was too cold.  Even though Friday was only 10 degrees we went anyways and had a blast.


Bryant Park is usually very crowded but you can't beat the deal if you own your own skates (it's free if you bring skates).  I bought a pair of skates a few years ago and we plan on getting Dan a pair too - they pay for themselves within two visits.  There were a lot of teenagers out on the rink this Friday and it was frustrating for me because they were being obnoxious like cutting people off, skating in circles around people, and also just standing smack dab in the center of the skating path.  There was one kid that kept doing all these tricks which although he was skilled the rink isn't meant for showing off.  I was not sorry when he finally wiped out.




We skated for about an hour and then grabbed some refreshments on our way out. 


We played this fun bean bag toss game and then got free t-shirts! 



We almost did something wild and crazy and thought about finding a hotel and spending the night in the city.  Like we seriously considered being that spontaneous!  But we were a block away from Times Square and realized it would be tough to find a hotel with vacancy and one that didn't cost less than $200 for the night.  So we hopped back on the Subway and settled into our home.


Saturday we slept in, did laundry, I finished the scrapbook for the Curtis family, and we headed to a friend's apartment for an afternoon of games.  We had breakfast for dinner at a local retro-style diner and then watched TV the rest of the night.

Sunday was Sunday.  I had the pre-k class wild on a sugar high and tear-down took longer than expected when the battery in the van died.  The grocery store was crazy crowded (I try to avoid Sunday afternoon grocery shopping at all costs) and we didn't end-up getting home until 2:00 pm.

Sunday night Super Bowl was pretty good.  My Seahawks lost but I'm a fair weather fan so I wasn't too bummed.  Although I do hate it when cheaters win.  I made enchilada dip for dinner and Dan's cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney arrived for their extended stay with us!!  I love having guests especially when they are easy to host like Kaleigh and Kourtney.  


Today is Monday and the snow/sleet/rain outside pretty much sums up how I feel about this week.

1 comment:

  1. All in all a fun weekend. Ice-skating, food,games, Super Bowl and my lovely Stephanie. Can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete