January 19, 2015

Weekending it

Happy MLKJ day!  I have today off from work (yay) but Dan doesn't (boo) but we had a nice full weekend together anyways.

On Friday evening we had dinner with some friends from church and we got to meet the newest member of Crossroads.  I was so excited to hold this tiny little love.  She snuggled in my arms for nearly an hour and it was bliss.  Apparently Dan has never held a newborn and decided not to this time so we'll save that experience for our future little loves maybe.


Saturday we slept in and then headed to Lowes in search of some new lampshades.  Unfortunately we didn't find anything that would work but still enjoyed the outing.  Our original plan was to go ice skating in the city but it was too cold and windy so we just hung out at home.

I still couldn't find any lampshades online that I liked, had the right attachment for that lamp stand, or were affordable.  So I did a bit of looking on Pinterest and then just decided to try out and idea.  I went through my quarter flats stash and picked a couple of colors and patterns.  I cut them into strips and then tied them on the inside of the existing shades we had.  Seven quarter flats covered three lamp shades.



They turned out pretty fun and unique and they match with the room much better.  We still have two more lamps in this room with the old shades and I'm hoping Target will pull through.  We'll see.  Our apartment decor probably will never make it into a magazine but it's cozy and it's us. 


Sunday was our usual church gig slightly more complicated by the downpour that lasted all day.  Afterwards Harry and Amanda got baptized.  Very happy occasion. 



Sunday afternoon was full of football and scrapbooking.  I was put in charge of assembling a memory book for the Curtis family as a going away gift from the church.  I am not really a scrapbook person but I can glue and arrange so hopefully it will turn out okay.   


Later today I'm going to post some more wedding photos because I haven't shared very many and because they make our life looks much more glamorous than it actually is!  Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment