January 2, 2015

Our New Years

Happy New Year everyone!!

We had a mellow New Years Eve.  We both got off of work a bit early and just hung out.  I worked on embroidery and Dan played Sims while we both watched a movie.  Multitasking masters.


^^ It is now a tradition to get these glasses at the dollar store every year.  We're keeping them for the kids :o)

That night we went to our friends apartment for a little celebration.  We played a fun game called Dixit which is like Apples to Apples only with pictures and then Forbidden Island (we played this game at Christmas too and I was not a fan...still not).

At Midnight we did the countdown and then shot poppers!  So fun.  There were some church kids at the gathering and it was so fun to see their excitement.



Then we went to the roof and sent off paper lanterns that we had decorated.  In hindsight it was probably a bad idea to light a piece of paper on fire and send it adrift over miles and miles of apartment buildings and parks.  We were all praying the little lanterns would "fly higher."  We watched them until they were out of sight.  Pretty cool to see but MAN was it cold on that roof.  My hands were shaking so bad it was a shock to the body.





Everyone left pretty soon after midnight but Dan and I stayed to toast to 2015 with Brian and Emily with the champagne we got as a wedding gift at our Brooklyn Gathering.  Blech...I hate champagne but happy new year!!!

New Years Day we slept-in until 10 am.  Bliss.  And then packed away all the Christmas decor.  Sad.


My great friend, Margaret, arrived that afternoon for a visit.  She was my first friend in New York City and my best bud throughout grad school.  She moved to Chicago in May.  When she lived in Bay Ridge we would go and get our nails done at least once a month.  Since she left I rarely ever get my nails done so when she arrived yesterday we promptly went for mani-pedis.  The last time I had my nails done was for the wedding, it felt great to start the new year with sparkles.  


1 comment:

  1. Stephanie was tell the truth about the lanterns. It was so cold and windy on the roof we thought for sure one of them might not go up

    ReplyDelete