January 26, 2015

Weekending it & Preacher Man

Why do the weekends always fly so fast and week days creep by at a snail pace?  Maybe it's because we got into the habit of sleeping-in until 10 on Saturdays and not getting around to anything productive until well past noon?

Let me tell you something about me.  When I was in college and even when I moved to NYC I never, ever, slept past 9 am.  Ever.  Why?  Because I was crazy and thought that I needed to be productive all day every day.  Even if I had finished all my homework and I didn't have any chores or plans for the day I had to be up and dressed and tidy by 9 am on a Saturday.  Who was putting this ridiculous and unreasonable expectation on me?  Oh, yeah, it was me.

Why oh why did I waste so much joy in my life by being so uptight?

Fortunately, since Dan became my man I have learned to let go and relax a lot more, sleep-in, watch tv, nap, sit around and do nothing - guilt free.  It's so much easier when you have someone to be with to justify laziness.   Scratch that, not laziness, just treating yourself to some deserved down-time.

Anyways that's where half of our Saturday went: lounging.  The rest of the day I worked on putting together the scrapbook for the Curtis family and made macaroni and cheese for the party that night.


It was a really nice event that was semi-formal, had yummy food, and a nice way to send off the Curtis family.



On Sunday, church attendance was super low (like only 40 people).  This was a bummer because Dan was preaching and he did a most excellent job.  I think this was his best sermon yet - so appropriate for it being the first Sunday without Pastor Paul and reminded everyone (who was there) that Crossroads is here because of God and God didn't leave with Paul.  I actually got to be in the service since the pre-k class was empty.


Since Dan did such a great job I took him out for lunch to our favorite burger place.  We spent the rest of the afternoon doing our usual Sunday slow-down.  I added some embroidery hearts to a red table runner to make it more Valentine-y, tossed some paper hearts on the wall, made a crock-pot dinner, and Dan rented Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. 


Now it's Monday and an epic snow storm is headed our way.  I just found out that I get out of work early AND a snow day tomorrow.  Happy dance party at my desk!!!   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for kind words Steph and for treating after service

    ReplyDelete