January 6, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Resolutions and Goals

I decided to Link-up with Andrea for her Show and Tell Tuesdays this year as a fun way to connect and post new stuff.   Look at what you have to look forward to!!


Some of these will be interesting since Dan and I are not parents yet and we don't live in a traditional house/yard kind of way - but it will still be fun! 

This Tuesday's theme is Resolutions and Goals


Last year about this time I posted that I usually pick a word for the year that signifies a yearly motto.  Last year the word was "save" because we were in the beginning stages of planning our wedding.  Wow am I glad I never have to plan a wedding ever again.  The stress level this year is already markedly less.  Yay 2015!

I think this year my word will be Play.  Dan and I are now settled into living life together and we are enjoying our time together but we often get caught-up in our routine and spend most of our free time completely exhausted and opting to watch TV.  We both have very busy lives and with our church responsibilities on top of that we regularly need to have breaks from being "on" and social.  These breaks are good for us but just because we decide to relax at home or spend the day just the two of us doesn't mean we have to be watching TV.  Now is the time to get out and explore - embrace our last years without kids and run around the city or stretch our creative muscles. 

Play is a great word because it encompasses so many different things: Creativity - crafting, painting, drawing, cooking.  Activity - playing tennis, going for walks, dance parties, ice skating, beach.  Games - board games, card games, couple games, made-up games, outdoor games.  Adventure - museums, travel, outdoors, dates.  So many options!!



So this year I want to embrace the freedom that we have as a young married couple and do more together and make memories that we can look back on and say "even before we had kids we had fun."  There will still be plenty of time to lounge around and watch TV but I don't want to get to 2016 looking back and not have much to show for it expect maybe television trivia.

So here's to 2015 and lots of playtime!

Other goals:  drag ourselves out of bed at least three days a week to do a workout DVD.  Get back to Tap class (for me).  Devotional time (for Dan). Plan a trip to Belgium (for us).

1 comment: