November 10, 2014

Weekending it

It's really feeling fall-ish around here and downright cold.  I'm so grateful Dan serves as a bed warmer because I'm always cold and he is always hot.  Good pair.  

Saturday I went to a friend's apartment for pancakes and crafting.  I'm still working on my first embroidery project and I'm hoping to finish it this week and move on to other creations.  While I was crafting, Dan went to see some of the football and soccer games for the teenagers.

In the afternoon I made homemade spaghetti sauce with my Momma's recipe.  I intended to share the recipe here but I got caught up in the process and only remembered to take a picture of the final product.  Next time I make it I'll share.


Cooking the sauce made the apartment smell like my childhood.  Anytime I smell caramelized onions I always get a memory trigger and think of my mom (the smell of Comet bleach does the same thing). Also I realized that when I think of my mom I always picture her wearing a blue apron.

Sunday was our regular church gig with a side of crazy.  We treated ourselves to McDonald's for the effort. 


I love working in the Pre-k/Kindergarten class.  The kids are so cute and creative and curious and say the craziest things.  I wanted to share what one of the kids made with play-doh yesterday.  I swear I didn't help at all she made this little guy all on her own. 


In the afternoon Dan watched football and I started sorting through all the wedding photos to whittle it down to the select favorites.  So many! I'll be sharing lots of them here so stay tuned! 

Football on TV was lame so Dan played his basketball video game.  His avatar thingy looks a little like him except for the hideous flaming basketball tattoo he opted to put on his arm.  It was much more entertaining to watch a game like that than live.  Just sayin'.  


It's Monday.  Blah.  But tomorrow is Veteran's Day and we get a day off together!

No comments:

Post a Comment