November 17, 2014

Weekending it - the boring edition

Hey! Do you like the new blog look?  I think it's pretty simple yet fun and looks way more professional.  My favorite is the little picture and welcome on the right side.  So friendly!  At first I thought I would attempt to redesign the blog myself but let's face it I'd gladly pay an expert $40 for a great job instead of pulling my hair out for a crappy one.  Yay for Etsy!

So this weekend we had romantic plans to ice skate at Bryant Park in our winter coats and gloves.  It was a grand idea based on the fact that it was the anniversary of our engagement and that was the plan Dan originally had last year.  But then I decided that sometimes it's just too exhausting to go into the city and there were lots of little things we needed to take care of at home.  In other words, I'm a boring party pooper.  So instead we spent a good two hours closing our bank accounts at TD and opening new ones at Bank of America.  Why you ask?  Because TD is America's most INconvenient bank...and they lost our marriage certificate. 

We did go out for lunch at Panera and I got to go baby clothes shopping at the Gap for a friend's baby shower.  People, you cannot imagine the joy I got from looking at and purchasing baby clothes.


That night we did laundry and made Terri Mom's vegetable soup (recipe soon) and burrowed in to watch psychological thrillers on Netflix.  We watched "Domestic Disturbance" with John Travolta which was okay but what we really loved was "Kiss the Girls" with Morgan Freeman.  I love crime/suspense/mystery/twisted endings.


Sunday was church and I got my baby fix volunteering in the Nursery and afterwards two people got baptized in the kiddie pool at the Storefront.  So exciting. 


Then I went to a baby shower which was fun since it was my first one and I love baby clothes.

We also got a new video game that is much easier for me to play.  I don't remember the name but it is some Sonic the Hedgehog racing game like Mario Kart.  I actually won first place a couple of times.  Great fun - although I still have issues with the controller. 


1 comment: