November 4, 2014

The Halloween Party

Friday night Dan and I hosted a small Halloween gathering for some church friends.  In the past these types of parties were hosted by a trio of the most fun and popular girls living together in a different apartment of Bay Ridge.  Sadly, none of those girls attend Crossroads anymore.  But Dan and I decided to try our hand at hosting and although I felt the party wasn't as much of a success as those parties of the past - we did alright.



I had made cookies and pumpkin angel food cake the night before and we ordered our favorite Grandma's original pizza.  Guests arrived much later than we had hoped so it took awhile to get things going.

Featured costumes:

The hosts:  PB&J


The guests:

Rapper and Witch


Lilo and Stitch (they won the costume contest)


The Frankensteins


We also had two school girls and a man with horns.

We played a few timed games that were moderately successful and then we attempted to play Catch Phrase as a group.  Let's just say that was a frustrating experience.  


Then the party died.  We had an entire pizza leftover and basically the same amount of cookies and cake as we did at the beginning plus an excess of candy corn.  



I'm kinda being a downer about the party.  It was fun and people said they had a good time.  I just had high expectations and my vision wasn't achieved so I'm being bitter about it.  We can try again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment