November 20, 2014

Tidi-bits

I'm getting really excited for Thanksgiving.  My parents and Mandy are coming sooooonnn and it will be like a real holiday to host.  Mandy is staying the weekend after Thanksgiving too and is going to help us deck out the apartment for Christmas!  Squeee!!  I know a lot of people decorate for Christmas at the start of November but I think you have to wait a bit more...don't squeeze out the turkey!  In the meantime I am collecting holiday decorations we need.  Know what's sad?  A hedgehog nativity set doesn't exist.  There are like a bazillion black bear sets but no hedgehogs.  Bummer.  Would someone whittle one for me out of pine?  Cool, thanks.

Speaking of nativity sets, the one my parents had when we were little plugged in and lit up.  There was a little wind-up music box on the side that played "Silent Night."  The thing was pretty old and the music squeaked a little.  Mandy and I always attributed the squeak to baby Jesus crying. Naturally.

Anyways, I hope everyone is feeling a bit warmer today.  We've had 30 degree weather here the last few days and today it is in the 40s and let me tell you that feels like beach weather compared to yesterday.

Yay turkey in exactly one week!  This is the extent of our Thanksgiving decorations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment