June 8, 2022

Balcony Happenings

I got a balcony elevated planter bed for an early Mother's Day gift from Dan. I planted two basil plants and two tomato plants in early May. I also planted two strawberry plants and another basil plant. We like basil.



Just over a month later and my tomato plants are getting out of control. What do I do???


I tossed the strawberry plants after I took this photo because upon closer inspection, they were covered in tiny white bugs. Ick.

My basil in the raised bed is getting choked out by the tomatoes. But the one on the basket is doing well. 

And the baby finches have hatched! I don't know how many there are and they aren't big enough to see from outside the nest but I watched the Mom and Dad bird feed them the other day. They made such a good team. 

The egg that was abandoned in my basil plant a couple of weeks ago was left unattended for a week. Once I felt confident it wasn't being cared for, I threw it away. Such a strange thing.

I'm hoping once the finches fully-fledge and leave the nest, we can spend some more time out there before it gets too hot. I try not to be out there except to water the plants and I'm quick about it. I don't want to threaten the birdies. Such a magical thing to witness up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment