January 13, 2022

Snip-its of School - Holiday Festivities

Some of my most favorite memories of being a kid are the classroom events and holiday activities at elementary school. The school that Mandy and I went to really had some awesome class parents that put-on some super fun class parties. I even remember making a gingerbread house in Kindergarten. I vividly recall my icing bag exploded and there was frosting all over my little house and tray. I was about to get upset but a room mom came by me and said "oh wow look at that blizzard, you got so much snow!" and it cheered me up and she helped me make a mistake into something special. 

Kip's Pre-K teacher did a great job making all the holidays super special. Here are some photos I was able to get of Kip's activities this fall. 

Thanksgiving turkey hats! They also made their own butter and ate it on corn muffins.


Kip was absent during the Hanukkah celebration, but the class made latkes (potato pancakes) and played with Dreidels. 

The week of Christmas, all the Pre-K classes had a Polar Express Day!! Everyone wore pajamas, they made a train in the hallway and sang songs, and got to eat treats and watch the movie. Kip loved it.





Then they had their Holiday Party which my friend and fellow class parent and I got to plan and participate in. We only got one hour for the party so we didn't get to do everything we planned and had a heck of a time finding all the supplies and goodies we needed, but the kids didn't seem to notice and had a ton of fun. We did milk carton "gingerbread" houses with graham crackers and decorated ice cream cones like Christmas trees for a snack. We had planned games as well but we ran out of time. All the kids went home with loaded goodie bags.






Despite the masks, extra protocols, absences and testing, and all the unpredictability of attending school in a raging pandemic, I am SO grateful Kip has been able to attend school in-person and enjoy his experience. And I am beyond happy that his school and teachers have done the best they can to make things as normal as possible. Fortunately, Kip doesn't know anything different so it all feels normal to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment