January 12, 2022

Closet Makeover

As you may remember, Dan and I are renovating the main bathroom. The project has barely progressed since I last updated, except that we sort of have a work plan with a contractor. And by plan, I mean I've met him and talked to him and got a quote and he sometimes texts me with non updates. Work was supposed to start last week. It didn't. No money has been exchanged yet but Dan and I have purchased faucets and a ceiling vent. We are supposed to purchase the flooring soon too. 

Do all home renovation projects move at a snails pace? Honestly if this thing ever gets done, I'll be shocked.

In the meantime, I'm itching for projects we can fully accomplish on our own. This past weekend I decided to take one on and with a full team effort, we got it done!

Ivy's bedroom is significantly smaller than Kip's and since she doesn't have a walk-in closet, like Kip, her dresser takes up a ton of floor space. We wanted to give her a bit more room to play so we decided to take the sliding doors off her closet, demo the old shelving left in there by the former owners, and make the closet a little open alcove where her dresser would live. 

Here is how the project progressed. Please excuse the poor quality photos, the sun doesn't shine in January.

Step One. Remove closet doors.

Step Two. Demo shelves.

Step Three. Remove all the wall decals I put in last year to hide the banged-up walls.

Step Four. Fill/patch old screw and nail holes and paint it a pretty pink. 

Step Five. Test the strength of our marriage by attempting to install a Closet Maid shelf above the dresser one hour before bath and dinner. Try not to strangle one another.
 

Step Six. Put the clothes and storage bins back in the closet.

Step Eight. Admire your quick and successful teamwork right before bedtime.

Move a few more things around in the space. So much more room for activities!!!



Grandma had a pop-up tent in Kansas and the kids loved it, especially Ivy. Mandy found a similar one on Amazon and got it for her room. And there is even still room for a doll house (where the dresser used to be) which I'm saving for Ivy's birthday. I'm really happy with how this small change improved the spaciousness of her room.

1 comment:

  1. The "after" result looks great. Good job with it!
    Those Closet Maids are no joke. They definitely do test patience.

    ReplyDelete