January 19, 2022

Book Nook | Scholastic Winter Haul

Evidently the shipping and manufacturing woes of this pandemic have hit Scholastic hard. I ordered from the October flyer on November 4. It was guaranteed delivery before Christmas. It arrived last week. Wow. It took over two months to arrive!


A couple books I ordered were intended for our Christmas book nook shelves but they never made it in time, so I'll have to save those for next year. Fortunately, Snowball Moon, The Wish Tree, and The Thing About Yetis are featured on our shelves for the winter theme.
 
The Fancy Nancy book wasn't the one I ordered. I was supposed to get an interactive Disney Junior how-to-tell-time book that Kip was really excited about. I contacted customer service and they supposedly shipped the correct book. I expect to receive it some time this summer (I kid, I kid...but seriously!)
 
While I'm still a big fan of the flyer and the price of these books, I am disappointed in how long it takes for them to arrive and the quality. I love hardcover books and all of these are paperback with staple binding. They won't hold up for long, but I suppose that's what you get for $3-$5 each.
 
Check out our Scholastic Fall Haul here.
 
We picked up a few other books from Amazon and the grocery store to fill our our shelves for January. 
 
 
Red is Best is a book Mandy and I remember from when we were kids. Where do Fairies Go When it Snows is similar to Where to Diggers Sleep at Night. Some Snow is...talks about all the different types of snow. A Loud Winter's Nap is part of a season series we've been collecting - the illustrations are fantastic. 

1 comment:

  1. These look so fun! We love Pick a Pine Tree! I'm sorry about the Fancy Nancy mix-up. Here's hoping the correct book arrives within the month!

    ReplyDelete