January 18, 2022

Weekending it

Ohhh, it's the time of year again. My annual rant about the doldrums of winter. I do it without fail, round about this time when the holidays have faded and the temperature outside stays consistently frigid and my mood tanks into the negative temps as well. This year it feels a bit worse than usual. Many out-of-town family members are sick, and even though they are on the mend, it is still stressful. Every day is a worry about whether we will get that dreaded close contact call from Kip's school or someone in the house presents as sick. All of that on top of everything else. It's hard to say "better days ahead" when we are nearly two years into this. I know a lot of people don't care. But I do. It's hard for me.

Anyways, when I feel in the doldrums my brain itches for something to do. A creative outlet. Sometimes I find one, this year I can't. I have so many house projects running around in my head but they all require time, money, motivation and skills. I don't have any of those. I have very tender tentative hopes that our bathroom counter will arrive this week and Dan and I have been slowly attempting to rehab our vanity all weekend. Let's just say, sanding is such a small word for such a monumental task.

And then, yesterday my tooth broke. Yep, you read that right. An essential molar. And now I have to get a root canal and crown. My first ever.

MURPHY'S LAW, PEOPLE!!! What's next?

I'm trying to look up and for that, I turn to my camera roll. 

I want to be Ivy Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment