November 17, 2021

Book Nook | Scholastic Fall Haul

You know what's more dangerous than Amazon prime???

Scholastic book club. SO MANY BOOKS! SO CHEAP. Even Ivy likes to browse the flyer.

Remember these flyers??? AH! Childhood memories.

Kip brought his first flyer home from school in September and our order took forever but finally arrived Monday! I've read a few already and I am very happy so I wanted to share our selection because our next order is already on it's way. Yeah, I said dangerous. These books are like $3-$5 a piece or bundled into super cheap sets.

This Peter Reynolds bundle is a real treat and I'm very excited to dig into these. I would put a lot of these into the category of growth mindset and learning to value yourself and all you have to offer the world.

Here are a couple for our fall book selection and a few for helping address big emotions and calming techniques. Ivy loved collecting acorns from the yard this fall so this Little Acorn book was especially for her.

This is our first Bob Books set which are a bit different than we expected. I'm not sure Kip is quite ready for them, but I'm still excited to try them out eventually. 

Kip has finally learned to confidently recognize all the letters in the alphabet and has started to recognize a couple of words while we are reading to him. They haven't started sight words or anything yet in school but evidently they have talked about the words THE and GOING. I've been pointing to those words when they appear in the text we are reading and Kip will say them out loud and he feels like he is reading. The little gears in his head are turning and he is learning so much at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment