June 30, 2021

Book Nook | 4th of July

Can you believe tomorrow is July? I always panic a little when July blasts through the door and I have to remind myself that the season just really started and there is still loads of time left for all the summer fun. 

We're in that awkward place where the 4th isn't really a holiday we can participate in with two small kids. We are probably not going to see much or do anything but we can celebrate with coordinated clothes and themed books. Just a small selection this time, Mandy and I are trying really hard to cut back and pace ourselves.

My favorite in this batch is My Fourth of July by Jerry Spinelli. It's just a kid talking about what his family does to celebrate. It's ordinary and uncomplicated and the illustrations are cute. 

Do you have any 4th of July plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment