June 11, 2021

Summer Bucket List

2021 feels hopeful, right? A bit redemptive in some ways? 

We didn't do a summer bucket list in 2020. It was the first time I skipped it since, I think, before Dan and I were dating. It just didn't seem worth it. It was an overwhelming time. Relentless heat wave, a newborn baby, that pandemic, and then preparing to move. We did nothing all summer except swelter, worry, take an occasional walk, get bubble tea, and force ourselves to get out and drive to NJ on the weekends.

It wasn't the summer we wanted but we got through it.

This summer...we're turning that around! I kept our bucket list short and easy. Simple things we'd likely do anyways so we might as well write it down and be able to check it off. Expectations are low so the destinations are manageable. No major travel. Just a few day-ventures and some fun treats to make in the kitchen.

I left one spot open for anything we might want to add once we get our feet wet and our summer groove fully activated. It's hard to know what we will feel comfortable with this early in the season and with "restrictions" changing every day. I don't expect 2021 to live up to the epic summer that was 2019 but anything better than 2020 will be a win in my book!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment