March 3, 2020

Weekending it

How is everyone surviving the mass hysteria of the pending pandemic??!!??? I'll tell you one thing, it's not fun to be pregnant during this whole deal. As if my anxiety needed anymore fuel...here we are. Ugh. As long as I don't read too many articles or watch the news at all, I'm okay. It's just wild and scary.

I did my undergraduate thesis project researching the Yellow Fever epidemic in Philadelphia in 1793. Some things truly never change. The paranoia from the 1790s is still thriving today and the responses that people have fall into the same categories. "All things pass," just repeat that to yourself. I don't know when and I don't know what will happen before it does but "all things pass."

In the meantime, we had a great weekend with my parents in town!! We had some super cold days but warmer weather has returned and I'm pretending it's a mini spring.

My parents arrived Friday afternoon and Kip got right down to business showing them all his things.

On Saturday we went to Staten Island to go to lunch and pick a little present from "Granma" at the Lego store. We call my mom Marmee but since Kip started talking, he calls her Granma. We'll see how that changes as he gets a little older. He convinced all of us to let him ride one of the dollar cars at the mall.



Sunday, Mandy, my dad, and I went back to Staten Island to do some new phone stuff and then my mom and Dan and Kip met us over in New Jersey for lunch. Kip did SO well all weekend with potty stuff. He was commando the whole time and told us twice while we were at the restaurant that he needed to go. He also went at Mandy's apartment. This was huge because he was out of his environment and highly distracted.



On Monday we all hung out in the morning. Kip did some exercises with Poppa.


 And helped Granma read the news.


My parents headed into the city to go to a museum during the day and Kip and I took advantage of the nice weather and went outside to play at the neighborhood Botanic Garden.




Kip was thrilled when they came back later that afternoon.



He was quite distraught this morning when I was headed to work and my parents were packed to go back to the airport. He loved all the extra attention and will probably be asking about them every day for the next week.

Next visitors on deck: Grandma and Grandpa Johnson later this month (pending pandemic travel restrictions...ugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment