December 5, 2017

Christmas Decorating Details

Linking-up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday: Christmas Decor!!!

I love sharing our Christmas decor and peeking at all the other festive homes as well! Our apartment is small and we only have one large tub to store ALL of our Christmas decorations so I try to keep things simple but equally festive.

Welcome!


This year we downsized our tree. Dan and I got a 6 ft. tree with flocked branches right after we got married. We enjoyed that tree for just two Christmases. We shipped it off to live with Terri Mom in Kansas when we started fixing the second bedroom to make room for baby. The tree took-up half of the closet space in that room so it had to go. BUT! I know it will live a full and happy life with Terri Mom and her huge house filled with Christmas trees. It's living its best Christmas destiny.

Anyways, Mandy spotted a cute 4 ft tree in a tiny box at Hobby Lobby and we decided it would be the perfect fit. AND it is!! Bonus, all of our ornaments still fit.


We haven't picked our family ornament for the year so I'll have to show that later.

I've mentioned this before, but one of the best ways to add decorative touches with minimal space is table runners. I have one on our "TV sideboard" and one on the long ottoman. Add a snuggly festive Christmas blanket to the couch and you've got a lot of festive "pop" with minimal effort and items.


Also on the sideboard, I added a Merry Christmas garland we found at Target this weekend (it's a little big) and Aunt Judy sent Kippy one of the adorable Little People nativity sets and it fits perfectly on the second shelf. I know that will get a lot of play in future years.




We picked-up new stockings at Hobby Lobby this weekend (50% sale!) and grabbed another reindeer stocking hanger for Kippy.


I made a Christmas bucket list and hung our Christmas card ornaments from years past. I had to reorder our cards this year because apparently I didn't look at the photo I chose very carefully because it was pretty bad. Ugh, mom brain. You can see a sneak peek of Kippy's Santa photo in the red frame but I'll do a full reveal of that cuteness later!


I styled the shelf above our dining table (cute garland made by Mandy) and added a red tablecloth and green runner to the table.



And that's it. We don't decorate the other rooms and I only have some festive dishtowels in the kitchen. Even though it would be fun to have Christmas in every room we don't have storage space and sometimes too much makes me feel cluttered so this is just right for us.

Merry Christmas!

Christmas decor in years past:
2016
2015

3 comments:

  1. Love your cute tree and that shelf above your dining table too! Fun & Festive home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your chalkboard bucket list! So cute!!
    Jaclyn
    www.coffeepancakesanddreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Little People Nativity is precious! I love your little tree and the felt ball garland! Also, the felt garland above your dining table is so cute! Can't wait to hear about Kip's trip to see Santa! We take our kids tonight!

    ReplyDelete