December 6, 2017

Santa, I KNOW HIM!

The weekend after Halloween, Dan and I drove to New Jersey to hang with Mandy. We went to the mall to go to Cheesecake Factory for lunch (cheesecake is really excellent for your milk supply). Anyways, we were strolling the mall and I told Mandy that I didn't want to take Kip to meet Santa this year because I didn't want to deal with the lines and germs. She agreed.

Then we turned the corner and there was the Santa set-up. And NO LINE whatsoever. I didn't even realize Santa would be at the mall before Thanksgiving. Is this a thing now? So we quickly changed our minds, headed over to Old Navy, picked-up a festive outfit, woke Kippy from his precious stroller nap, changed him quickly, and handed him over to the sweetest Santa. We waited 30 seconds while Santa was exchanging sign language with a deaf boy who was just standing in the area. So nice. Then Santa sat in his big chair and held Kippy with such confidence. 

They took about 6 different shots and we all tried our hardest to get Kip to smile but he was just blank face. At least he was content and not crying. We were allowed to pick one of the shots for printing.

The pictures were overpriced, naturally, and kind of out of focus but I'm so glad we did it because now I want to have framed Santa pictures for every year. 


Kippy looks like a little old man with no neck. Hehehe. And he is already SO much bigger now, just a mere month later. But look at the way his little hand is resting on Santa's cuff! Gaaa. Little cutie. 

3 comments:

  1. Okay, the is the cutest thing ever! I agree about wanting Santa pictures for each year. We took our kids for the first time in 2015 and they refused a picture, and in 2016 I got a picture of a smiling Santa and both of my boys scowling, but I'm glad I have a picture! I'm hoping to get yearly pictures with Santa from now on, especially since Avery is here. That was such a good idea to go get an outfit and have a picture made! And so nice of them to take so many and let you choose! I'm off to go find some cheesecake now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if picking the photo is a normal thing. There was literally no one else there so they let us take our time. I hope the boys warm up to the old man this year but if not, scowling photos are still pretty memorable.

      Delete