December 20, 2017

Family Ornaments

I love looking at themed Christmas trees and I admire people who manage to coordinate their decorations. But, that's not me. As a kid, our Christmas tree was always covered in sentimental ornaments. Things we made and a random mix of ornaments collected over the years. For me, a sentimental tree perfectly represents that statement: "home for the holidays."

SO, naturally, our tree has a sentimental theme.


Every year, Dan and I get an ornament from any trip we take throughout the year and then around Christmas we pick-up a "family" ornament. The family ornament is just something to represent the year. I started this the year we got engaged. Here is our collection:


I didn't get to share our 2016 ornament on the blog last year since we hadn't announced our pregnancy.

This year Mandy found the cute snowman family at the ornament booth at the Bryant Park Holiday village this past weekend.


This year we also got an ornament on our Boston Babymoon and Terri Mom sent us a cute bird Hallmark collectable ornament.


And, of course, we have several ornaments for Kippy's first Christmas.


How about you? Sentimental or themed or both?

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! These are the cutest! I love your tradition of getting an ornament during vacations and to represent the year! The baby announcement one is so adorable. I LOVE Kip's ornaments! His little footprint! My tree while growing up was also covered in sentimental ornaments (as was Aaron's), and that's how I wanted ours to be as well.

    ReplyDelete