September 25, 2017

Weekending it

Well if the calendar didn't say FALL, you wouldn't know it. We have a heat wave right now and are back to shorts weather and super sweat.

This weekend, Kippy let Dan and I sleep in a bit which was a treat!  The plan for Saturday was to take the subway to downtown Brooklyn so I could get some new clothes for work. Unfortunately, after we loaded everything up and got to the subway station we discovered the train in our neighborhood wasn't running this weekend. We didn't want to brave the shuttle with the stroller, so, we walked up to 86th street and I bought a few things. We went out for lunch and then headed home. I strapped Kippy to my chest and he fell asleep so Dan and I binge watched several episodes of Walking Dead that afternoon. Just like the old days, pre baby.

On Sunday we got around early to get everything together to go to church. Since the subway wasn't running we decided to take the bus. Apparently you can't take strollers on the city buses and have to break them down before you get on. BOOOOO. So I held Kip in the car seat attachment while Dan held the stroller base, diaper bag, and pump. We made it to church on time and I got to be in worship until Kip started crying at the beginning of the sermon. I headed out to the little nursery area to feed him and all the other new moms were back there so we chatted and commiserated. I am so grateful for the friendship of these other new moms. There was pizza for lunch and then Dan and I made a quick trip to Trader Joes before we decided to take the Ferry home instead of the bus.

So Kip had his first bus ride and first ferry ride this weekend!!

The ferry went well minus the long and HOT walk home. I had some friends over to visit and meet Kip in the afternoon and before we knew it, the weekend was over.

Today hasn't gone how I hoped it would. Kippy is really fussy, I'm unusually tired, and it's too hot to take Kip out in the stroller. Just one of those days. Hoping this afternoon is better.

And apparently, I took hardly any photos this weekend. I got a cute story time photo of Dan and Kip from Saturday.


And a photo of sleeping Kip strapped to my chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment