July 31, 2017

Weekending it

I'm trying really hard to still be consistent with our regular posts, even if there isn't much to report.

I rallied after my low day last week after being super productive at work and it being Friday an all. Mandy met me back at the apartment and we hung out all night, cooked dinner together, and got Thai ice cream for dessert. Dan was at a prayer meeting but joined us later and we all stayed up until midnight.

We slept-in on Saturday, enjoyed a slow morning, and then went on a 4 mile walk around the neighborhood thanks to the cooler temperatures. We went to Artichoke Pizza which has a location in Bay Ridge now and we'd yet to try it.


Afterwards, we grabbed cupcakes and walked around the super wealthy area of our neighborhood and then crashed at home.

We rented Hidden Figures on Amazon Prime which we all loved and recommend. Mandy was going to leave early evening but I convinced her to stay one more night. So we all made dinner together, played a game of Settlers of Catan, and then watched the movie Lion on Netflix. HIGHLY recommend.


Mandy left early Sunday morning and Dan and I headed to church early for set-up. We hit-up Trader Joes afterwards and napped the rest of the afternoon. Then I actually cooked a real meal for dinner. Small victories!

 

It was a low-key weekend with no sign of the baby interested in making his appearance. Both the other women at our church who were due one week AFTER me have delivered their babies so I'm the last one standing. It's a lonely feeling.

I got my bi-annual dental appointment out of the way and the nesting habit as extended to my work and motivated me to finish projects I've been sitting on for ages. The nesting has been happening at home for well over a month now. All the big stuff is out of the way but I still find things to do like topping off the salt and pepper shakers.  Here's to hoping the little guy gets his own sense of motivation this week!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Stephanie Daughter. xxoo Terri Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely frustrating when people due after you have their babies before you. But I had to remind myself in previous pregnancies that it's better for the baby with each day that he stays in the womb. Isn't it funny how like at 20 weeks we say "we're halfway! Only 20 weeks left!" And we have the stamina to make it. But once the last month hits, especially the last two weeks, we have lost our stamina and are just doggone ready to hold a baby! I hope your precious boy comes a little before his due date! I don't want you to have to wait til after then!!! We're two weeks and 6 days out (I'm totally unashamedly counting down!) and it seems like it will NEVER get here! Best of luck and so many prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete