July 18, 2017

Weekending it

Sorry for any baby anxiety I might have caused by not posting Friday or yesterday. All is well, just busy and I try not to post too much boring nonsense about our lives.

We had a good weekend, not as adventurous as the last few weeks because Mandy was in LA. But Dan and I got a lot of stuff done, the highlight of which was going to a newborn and infant care class in the city on Saturday. It was mainly for Dan and he learned a lot but I liked getting a refresher and feeling reassured about what I know. The instructor was very nice and didn't seem to think my breastfeeding/pumping/bottle/return to work plan in 6 weeks was crazy. I was a little disappointed that she did not think the pump or the bottles we got are the "best" but said they would be "fine." Well, most of my life I've gotten by with "fine" and so we're just gonna go for it. Wishful thinking? Maybe.

Sunday I helped out with the brunch team at church and in the afternoon we finished cleaning the entire apartment and then collapsed into the dark cave of the apartment with the AC blasting. As much as I love the sun and summer, being pregnant in the summer is definitely hard. Everything sticks, clothes are so restrictive, and I just can't get cool. Despite my discomfort, I am NOT wishing for the quick return of fall. I haven't eaten nearly enough ice cream for that yet.

Last Monday I shared my to-do list to stay accountable. Here's where it landed:

Pack the hospital bag CHECK
Make a list of things we need to purchase for the hospital bag CHECK
Finish shower thank you notes (only 4 left!) Still have 2 left
Acquaint yourself with the breast pump (like, at least, take it out of the box) CHECK and I have a friend coming over this week to give me some tips
Take photos of the baby's room for the blog reveal! CHECK! Post reveal this week
Type-up my "birth plan"  CHECK. Still need to print it and put it in the bag
Make two batches of chicken pot pie filling to freeze Fail

So I got a lot done and I even read the entire breastfeeding book I got as a baby shower gift so that was a double bonus I hadn't planned on. I'm feeling much better about that now.

This week's list

Finish shower thank you notes
Baby's room reveal posts
Make two batches of chicken pot pie filling
Finish reading the parenting book we started back in March
Haircut 
Download any labor or newborn care apps recommended by the class instructor

1 comment:

  1. You've gotten so much done! So so good! Don't worry about what the infant class teacher said about your pump and bottle choice. Everyone has their opinion on what is "best" but the bottom line is, if it works for you, it's what's best. Doesn't packing the hospital bag makes it feel real?!? I'm making my list for mine (and it includes lots of Reese's!). I don't think I even bought a pump until after I was home from the hospital with my first, so you are ahead of the curve! So awesome that a friend is coming to give pointers! Your due date is coming up so fast! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete