May 27, 2016

Peeks from the Week

Yay Friday!  Yay holiday weekend!  Yay warmer weather!  Yay start of Summer Fridays!

Today is a good day.  We've had really awesome weather the last two days and although I've enjoyed very little of it (since I'm chained to my desk and work deadlines all day long), I'm glad it's here.  Today is the first Summer Friday which means I get to leave work at 2 pm every Friday from now until Labor Day. I love this little perk.  Also, it's a 4 1/2 day weekend for me.  Monday is a holiday and I am taking a vacation day on Tuesday so it's a good break.


Wishing...we would get the keys to the new apartment TODAY

Hoping...we get the keys to the new apartment TODAY

Thinking...I'm going to be an even more unpleasant person if we don't get the keys to the new apartment TODAY

Praying...God provides us with the keys to the new apartment TODAY

Planning...all the things I'll do at the new apartment if I get the keys TODAY

Dreaming...about walking into the new apartment with the keys TODAY

So, clearly there is one thing on my brain today.  The keys to the new apartment.  We are in an awful limbo right now not knowing when we will get access to the new apartment.  Fortunately we don't have to move out of our current apartment until the end of June. However, the Broker doesn't know that so we are annoyed at him for beating around the bush and not giving us a firm answer as to when we can get the keys.  We have a nice long holiday weekend which would be perfect for starting to clean and paint the new place.  I don't want to waste it sitting in our current apartment surrounded by packed boxes.  Also our current place is a nightmare right now which is really hard for me to tolerate.

Sigh.  The last few months it's felt like a chaotic mess in a lot of areas of life.  In my mind I had Dan's Sabbatical as a goal to reach for emotional stability.  The new apartment is the goal for a fresh start for so many things.  Routine, attitude, productivity, comfort.  I just want to get there, settle, and restart.  Life is a waiting game.


This week was busy busy.  We only had one evening without obligations so Dan started and finished painting the entryway white.  We painted it a lovely tan back in the fall but had to paint it back before moving.


While he painted I worked on a chalkboard menu for a baby shower this weekend.  This was my first ever attempt at "chalkboard art."  I was super nervous but it was really fun.


This weekend we have dinner with friends, baby shower, Pampered chef party, soccer game at Yankee Stadium, and hopefully getting into the new apartment.

Also, the new X-Men movie was just released so I'm excited about that even though we haven't planned to see it yet. 

1 comment:

  1. That chalkboard is darling! And bless you both for having to repaint your entryway! I abhor painting now, and you two handled it so well! I hope you get the keys to your new apartment today! Happy Holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete