May 13, 2016

Peeks from the Week

It's another rainy dreary Friday.  The only consolation is the fact that it's Friday.

Most weeks when I look back at what we did all week I'm sort of shocked at how entirely unproductive we are in the evenings.  I blame it on the long work days and addictive nature of streaming TV shows.  The Walking Dead is consuming our lives.

I packed two boxes and Dan did all our backlog shredding? That's the only progress we've made in the moving prep department. 

Dan's first week of sabbatical hasn't been very relaxing.  He has a cold, a grouchy wife, and was working hard on finishing a project for the leadership program he's been doing in the city the past several months.  Also, he did all the cooking and lunch making this week.  In a nutshell, I've been entirely useless!  The apartment is a mess because I don't care about it anymore and all I want to do is sleep.


Wishing...next week will be a restorative sabbatical week for Dan and not so busy for him.

Hoping...We hear back from the broker today and get a confirmation on when our new apartment is available.  Crossing my fingers it's next week. 

Thinking...we didn't have any long conversations about church this week.  Highly unusual.

Praying...that the new apartment will be the fresh jump start I need to stop being a lazy sloth.

Planning...our mini trip to Washington D.C. next week!

Dreaming...about sandal weather.


At night Dan and I read a mini couple's devotional. We've read Night Light by James and Shirley Dobson and now we're on The Love Dare by Alex and Stephen Kendrick.  The one Dan read last night was convicting and I wanted to share it because it applies to not only to spousal relationships but other relationships as well. 


Love focuses on the positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment