July 28, 2014

Weekending it

I loved this weekend because we worked really hard, were very productive, and we went to one of my most favorite places on earth: IKEA!

It went like planned clockwork

By 10 am we picked up a van we borrowed from a family at church and loaded up some boxes and my giant bookshelf to take over to the new apartment.  Dan and I had a few moments of concern trying to get that 6 foot shelf down the stairs, into the van, and up the stairs again but we got it.  It reminded me of that episode of Friends when Ross, Rachel, and Chandler are trying to get Ross's couch up his NYC apartment stairs.  Pivot!

By 11 am we were at Lowes picking up a new medicine cabinet/mirror for the bathroom, a small A/C for the bedroom, and some other tid bit supplies.

At noon we pulled into the parking lot at IKEA and stopped for lunch in the cafeteria to power-up for our shopping.  Yum, Swedish meatballs.

See? I told you Rocky Pants came along for the journey

The key to IKEA is to know what furniture you want already.  We breezed through the showroom part so I could show Dan the dressers I picked and we browsed some kitchen table options.  My favorite part of IKEA is when you walk downstairs and can really get shopping by filling up your cart with all the little wonders.  I was restrained a bit and didn't go wild but I already have a list ready for our next trip!  We were in and out of that place in exactly 1 hour!! Record time.  


After we loaded the car we explored the abandoned dock area by IKEA which was pretty cool and very quiet.  We might go back sometime to stay longer.


Then we drove back to the apartment and made about 19 trips back and forth from the van down the block to the apartment carrying and pushing all our goods.  By 3 pm we headed  back to my old apartment to pick up another load and finally drop off the van.

If the day doesn't sound exhausting enough already we still had five more hours of work to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment