October 16, 2023

Weekending it

It was the sixth weekend in a row with rain. Isn't that wild!

Kip had a drizzly soccer game in the morning before the real rain came through in the afternoon.


After lunch we all went to the roller rink in town. Can you believe we have a retro roller rink right here?! I've been wanting to go roller skating for years and Dan and I even had it on our bucket list several years back. I didn't get great pictures of the inside but it is exactly as you would expect it to look from the carpeting to the music, to the retro furniture. I loved it.

This was Kip and Ivy's first time wearing roller skates and trying this out. It was a HOT MESS and I don't know why I expected it to be different. All of these photos were blurry because it was next to impossible for them to not fall over with wheels on their feet.



Ivy did relatively well considering how small she is, how big the skates were, and her low tone. She managed to go around twice with me holding her hands. While she didn't love it, she surprised us.

Kip, on the other hand, could NOT hold his body up to save his life. Dan attempted to teach him what to do but it wasn't helping. Kip expected he would be awesome at it right out of the gate and so he was frustrated. Plus the arcade in the corner of the building was alerting his honing device. So Mandy took both kids over there while Dan and I tried to get our money worth by skating around uninhibited for 10 minutes or so. 

Despite the challenge, Kip is still interested in taking lessons this fall instead of doing basketball. I need to look into it some more but I do think he might do well if someone professional teaches him. As we know, Kip does not like to learn new skills from us. And also he thinks if I buy him blue skates that would make him good at it, obviously. 

The rest of the afternoon we worked on assembling the Lego centerpiece Grandma got us since we are hosting Thanksgiving for my side of the family this year. Mandy, Kip, and I worked together on it and had it done by the next morning.

We went to church on Sunday and then the kids were back at the running series. 
 






In the afternoon we all worked together to rake the yard and the billions of acorns that dumped all at once. We filled 7 garden bags!





1 comment:

  1. The Lego centerpiece sounds like it will be super cute! How fun that you have a skating rink close by! I'm so impressed that the kids tried skating!

    ReplyDelete