April 12, 2023

Weekending it - Part II

On Easter morning the kids woke-up to their Easter baskets which were a big hit. Mandy also got them each a little tractor toy and some farm animals to share.








After a morning of playing, we got ready and went to church as a family!! First time in three years!! Dan has been attending a church online for awhile and visited a couple of times in-person but the kids and I had not yet gone. Easter was as good a time as any so we went and it was great!

Kip and Ivy went to Sunday School together and Ivy did really well with Kip at her side (such a good big brother). I got to sit through the whole service and it was amazing. I can't recall the last time I sat in a service, uninterrupted, since before Kip was born!! I loved the representation in the leadership, I liked the diversity of the congregation, the worship was nice, the message was wonderful, and the best part was I felt really connected to my mom while in the service. It was very comforting. Kip said he liked it better than school and wants to go back next week.


We spent the rest of the day chasing the sunshine.


Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment