April 6, 2023

Easter Baskets

I love putting together an Easter basket. So fun to find little things to bring a little joy. Is it necessary??? NO. Did we get Easter baskets filled with toys when we were kids? NO. But, I'm grateful to be able to make something fun and memorable for Kip and Ivy. 

Here's what they are getting this year.

They got mostly the same things with some variation. Bath potions, a foam flyer, hot wheel car, dough craft, Tonie character, play putty, a scribble scrubbie, bubbles, bunny glasses, a toy (Kip got sonic and Ivy got a tiny cat stuffy), and the little bunny egg has some cash in it for spending during Spring Break. 

Kip:

Ivy:


On Saturday we are going on a hay ride with the Easter bunny at the garden center with friends and then in the afternoon we are hosting our second annual Easter egg hunt with Kip's best bud from kindergarten and her family. They have two girls and it's going to be a lot of fun. I put together little baskets for the girls from our family.  A is 5 1/2 and M is almost 2.



I remember as a kid my dad would always be a little annoyed with egg hunts and baskets since it is in NO way related to the real meaning of Easter. Yeah, yeah...I get that, but I think the real meaning and a little bit of fun can coexist, and I'll take any calendar occasion to make a fun tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment