April 22, 2020

Weekending it

Trying my best to stay up-to-date on this blog, at the very least to document how we spent all this time in social isolation. Time is a balancing act that I feel I'm losing a grip on every single day. Thank goodness for photo documentation.

This past weekend we didn't go to New Jersey. Mandy had already done her apartment check-in and with parks closed and poor weather we just decided to have a slow Saturday. During Kip's nap I tried to do some retail spring clothes shopping on Old Navy online and it was not rewarding in the same way real shopping is. They had such a bad selection and so few sizes, felt like grocery shopping now. Can't find what you want and when you do its a banged-up bruised apple.

In the afternoon, Dan entertained Kip while Mandy and I did some nesting projects around the apartment in preparation for the baby. We updated room decor for their shared room (will share an update later). And I made a little "family" center in the hall. We took a bunch of stuff down to the storage unit and cleared some space in Kip's closet for some stacking drawers we want to get once we're allowed to go to retail stores again.

On Sunday we did an early morning walk to the local botanic garden again.









During nap time, I did a little painting project that Terri Mom had given me as a gift. All the supplies were included but the directions were not very thorough so I just did my own thing. It turned out nothing like the example but I was happy with the end result.


We had church online and then a huge group trivia event to celebrate the church's 3rd birthday. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of "socializing" online. It's hard for me.


In the evening ,our friend rode her bike 20 miles and did ride-by hellos. It was fun to see her from the window and she sent us back a photo of us in our apartment isolation.



Life is so weird right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment