April 1, 2019

Weekending it

Trying to keep one foot in reality, but, dare I say it? Spring appears to be here! We still have some frigid days but the sun is bright and we've had warm days as well. I CANNOT wait until I can toss my winter coat for good.

Also, one very important piece of news I wanted to share...I have lived in Brooklyn for nearly 10 years now. And every single apartment I've lived in (3 now) I've gotten really irritated with how dirty the windows get. At our current apartment the exterior side of the windows are SO bad that it kept me from opening our curtains because I couldn't stand to look out of the dirty glass and screens. Yesterday, we were driving home from church and stopped at a red light. I saw a man through his apartment window pull the window down from the inside and clean the outside of his window. I have literally researched how to clean apartment windows and NOTHING ever said you could possibly pop a window in from the inside. We got home and sure enough, Dan figured it out and I seriously was happier than the day Kip was born. Okay, not really. But really. I was able to clean the outside of the windows and Dan pushed the nasty screens all the way up to the top so you can't see them behind the shades. There is SO MUCH MORE LIGHT in our apartment now and I am elated. Okay, that's all.

This weekend, Dan and I went to see A Band's Visit on Broadway. The show won several Tony Awards last year but is closing for good next weekend. I wasn't super interested in seeing it but a co-worker told me it was worth it so we picked-up tickets last weekend when we were in the city for the Knicks game.


The music and acting were really great and I am glad we saw the show before it left. However, it's clear why it didn't stay for more than a year. The show was very, very slow paced which was the point since it took place in a town where nothing happens and life is very dull. But, for Broadway, I think there is an expectation that things are lively so that may have hurt it's popularity a little. Also, heavy accents are never a good thing especially when the audience is mostly tourists. BUT, I'm glad we went and I enjoyed it overall.

While we were at the show, Mandy and Kip played at the park.




So busy, won't pose for a picture.

Sunday was church and chores. Kip took a nap in his stroller which was a miracle. Most Sundays he just runs around like a screaming lunatic.


In other news, we've been watching a lot of basketball lately for March Madness so Dan enjoys that. And, we also really love watching World of Dance on Sunday nights. It's a dance competition show and it is incredible. Even Dan loves it. Worth a watch if you have time on Sunday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment