February 20, 2017

Weekending it

This weekend was February weather bliss. We had temps in the 60s on Saturday and Sunday and anytime that happens it astounds me how much happier and how much energy I have. Reasons why summer is always the best. I had to remind myself all weekend that it was just a spring tease and winter weather is returning but it was so nice to have a taste.

Friday night I took a friend out for dinner for her birthday. Saturday morning Dan went out to breakfast with a friend. We spent several hours on Saturday trying to make a baby budget (well really just a list of anticipated expenses). Then we wrote a list of "options" for me to pitch at work for maternity leave and long-term schedule. As much as my hearts wants to be a stay at home mom, it's just not in the cards (or bank account) for us. I'm hoping I can negotiate a middle ground. Prayers appreciated.

Saturday afternoon we took a nap and then went for a long walk to enjoy the weather.



That evening we had friends over for dinner and games. I made BBQ pulled pork in the crockpot and that is always a hit.

Sunday we headed to church and afterwards took a long walk around the super cute Downtown Brooklyn area and then we splurged with an ice cream date at a local soda shop. I had been here several years ago but Dan had never been so it was a fun "Sundae" date.





We did grocery shopping afterwards and then headed home for a nap. Typically we nap for like 15 minutes but we woke up 45 minutes later and it was dark outside. Oops. We are trying to soak up the schedule and sleep freedom before baby because we know it's going to end soon.

Season 4 of The Americans is on Amazon Prime so we are started binging that Sunday night.

I have today off from work (!!!) and I'm going to try and get a ton of things done. Emphasis on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment