January 23, 2017

Weekending it

This weekend we worked on two things.

1) Puzzle

We started this puzzle on Thursday night and finished it Sunday afternoon. It was super fun and it feels like such a great accomplishment when you finish.




2) Kitchen Cart

I brought this little counter-height table and stools set with me to New York when I first moved here seven years ago. I had a strong sentimental attachment to it and really didn't want to part with it but it was getting shabby and we really needed more storage space as opposed to sitting space in the kitchen.


So we ordered a new kitchen cart on Amazon. It got great reviews and we pooled gift cards and our Amazon credit card points to purchase it for less than $100! We assembled it together on Saturday and we LOVE it.



It's about two inches bigger on each side and the drawers are perfect for all the foil, plastic wrap, and sandwich bag boxes. We had those previously stored in a tub way up on the tip top of the overhead cabinets. Super inconvenient. Now they are easily accessible! We have lots of empty space at the moment but I'm sure we'll fill it up. For one, I want to get a dutch oven which I had NO space for before but now it should fit nicely on one of the shelves. It feels like a whole new kitchen.

I'm sad it's a full work week but I'm hoping I can still be as productive. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Finishing a puzzle is the best feeling! I love that kitchen cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitchen cart is gorgeous! Way to go in assembling it! I love projects like that!

    ReplyDelete